Ha, Got you again, World,
But I promise on Pinocchio’s nose I will not keep misleading you like that. Because, eventually, you will wise up. Hopefully, by that time you will be addicted and I won’t need the misleading post titles to convince you to Click That Link. Annnndddd Welcome to CLICK THAT LINK! Tonight’s celebrity hosts are…..
Not sure where I was going with that because when I sat down I had something completely different in mind, but I am definitely reusing that one. That is a potential great post.
ahhh. But anyway. Last night I got a comment from Lucky Punk, who’s posts flow like a lazy river. And she said that SHE was awarding ME with a Beautiful Blogger award. Imagine that! It looks like this:
It’s sort of like a certification. It sort of makes me a real blogger. At least, this is my perception. Pearl Annabelle Lafleur is so proud that she says she is sprouting peacock feathers. She is throwing me a Cajun Celebration later this week and you all are invited. There will be fiddlin’ of course, and the Neville brothers are going to make an appearance. I can’t wait.
World, this is going to be a long post. I will try to edit tomorrow when I am not so giddy. This often results in a post half the length. If you haven’t the strength right now, come back later. I don’t mind a bit. In fact, it will probably reflect better on me if you did.
Anyway, there are rules involved and in my usual scattered way I skimmed over them. What I got was 1, 7, 5.
Thank the giver. Reveal 7 things about yourself. Pass it on to five bloggers you admire.
Lucky Punk, I know I’ve been thanking you all over the place but let me make it official. Thank you for reading my blog and for thinking of me. I joke, but I am very flattered.
7 Things You Do Not Know About Chicken (or maybe you do but don’t spoil it for the rest, ok?)
1. I’ve been secretive because Stalkers. Scary. But just this once, because I know people kind of want to put a real face to the name, this is me:
That’s an atrocious lie. Here I am:
2. I’m a little odd. I didn’t truly understand this until I once described someone else as being a “bit odd” in a work meeting and my boss’s boss snorted, then kinda laughed/coughed. Then I laughed, too. Because. Well, the evidence is certainly there. So what? I’m odd in a fun way and the World needs a little bit more of that (in my odd opinion).
3. When I was little, besides being an Indian, which you may have already read, I wanted to be a Cub Scout. I had no use for the Brownies. Stupid name, that. Who wouldn’t rather be a cute little wild animal than a sweet concoction?
4. I know the Gettysburg Address by heart and given half a chance I will recite it because I love every single word and Abe, I think you rock. Now, I have also become very fond of General Patton’s speech to the third army, and I am working on that one.
5. I played Little League when it wasn’t usual for a girl to do that. I could not compete with the Hamel twins because they could actually connect the bat to the ball, but I was very good in the field and God, I loved the uniform.
6. You may have read that I played trumpet, but I also played the oboe. And attended band camp, for real, for, like, seven years. Oh the stories I’ve yet to tell about band camp (totally sniffing my armpits right now and I hope you get that because otherwise it is a really weird statement. Oh God, I can hear the snort/laugh/cough in my head right now).
7. If I could be anything I wanted for just 24 hours, I would be a boy. A really good looking one with a lot of, uh, testosterone. Afterwards, I would consider myself well rounded.
Well, that’s that. Now ON TO THE AWARDS. On to you Pearl:
Well, Chicken, first up on our Roster is Four Dinners
because he was the first blogger to become our bloggy pal and has been supportive ever since. Let’s hear it for Four Dinners (raucous applause and catcalls are required for the lovely and charming Four Dinners).
Second up is Stolen Sentiments aka Musical Musings
because she reminds us of the cutest, most playful puppy you’ve ever seen, always leaving the greatest comments and once she left us a Fiesta, people, which charmed the socks off us.
Third would be Mrs. P from Quilting In My Pyjamas
because we think she may be Chicken’s female soul mate. She’s probably received a BB award before but we hope she doesn’t mind receiving another.
Fourth is Joann from Laundry Hurts My Feelings
because she cracks us up and we have the same taste in rockstars. She has also, I’m sure, received this award but we couldn’t help it. Laughter wins.
Fifth is Becca from Neurotic Girl
because we are pretty sure she could care less about any award and we are busting her beans. We love her witticisms and stories, and in extension, we love her stalker, D.
Wow, I think I followed all the rules for the first time ever and now I am off to warn the unwary (I almost forgot that one). Thanks again you Lucky Punk.
And don’t forget the Chicken. The one Crossing the Road. Click THAT Link, and you shall get lucky. In a totally virtual sense.